Defend your kingdom... For God and Castile!
The lament of a young witch has been turned into a key for demons. Guide Don Ramiro through the cursed lands of Tolomera and expel the evil that entered the Kingdom of Castile.
Maldita Castilla (Cursed/damn Castile) is an action arcade game full of myths from Spain and the rest of Europe. The graphic style is raw, made pixel by pixel with a limited color palette, like in the old days, and displayed through a dirty old monitor effect. Also, Gryzor87 composed the music emulating the Yamaha YM2203 sound chip, so that the game has real arcade sound.
It pays homage to classic arcade games from 1985-1987 like Ghost'n'Goblins, Tiger Road, Black Tiger, Shinobi, Rygar, Karnov, Trojan and many others… taking influences from medieval paintings and places, and inspired by the best chivalry book ever: The Amadis of Gaul.
I've missed games like the Ghost'n'Goblins for many years, so I just decided to make one by myself
- Poster collection - 10 postersPDF
- DVD cover - Maldita Castilla DVD box coverPDF
- Disc print - Maldita Castilla disc printPDF
- Users Manual - Maldita Castilla users manualPDF
- Arcade cabinet decoration - Previsualization and HI-Res filesZIP
- Ads - By RetroManiac and Cesar DarkmoonPDF
- Making sprites - Making spritesPDF
OUYA version is available at the Discover store.
Ubuntu (Linux) version available HERE (not tested personally).
If you have graphics problems in Windows, try replace Maldita Castilla.exe with this file