Infect the human body in this viral attack
Be part of a violent viral pandemic and show humans who set the rules in nature. Infect the main organs one by one and destroy the last hope of mankind, the Nanobot Assembly System (NAS), a medical chip implanted near the brain to produce artificial antibodies.
Viriax is an experimental platformer with procedurally generated levels.
Control a virus and float up in order to infect the main organs of the human body. Every move has an energy cost, but you can absorb red blood cells to keep going. Dig items out of flashing tissues for a variety of mutations and unexpected effects. Lo-res visuals and a sick soundtrack will haunt you during your unhealthy adventure.
- Procedurally generated levels in 6 different environments
- 20 mutation items with weird effects
- Unlimited mid-air jump
- Play with a single hand using arrow keys
- Around 10 minutes long (once mastered)
- In 2010 I fell seriously ill because of an unidentified virus. After many days of high fever I promised the viruses that I'd make a game about them if they left me alone. They did it and here is the game.
- It was inspired by actual viruses, by films like Fantastic Voyage and Innerspace, and by games like Ice Climber, Bomb Jack, Kid Icarus…
- Gryzor87 composed the soundtrack using PX Tone, the music format created by Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya.
- We filmed the trailer in a horse clinic. We had a a lot of fun that day.