Mutants from the Deep
Face the menace that lurks in the depths
Something strange happens in the depths of the sea. They emerge from the abyss to conquer everything. Two worlds confront a third. Play as Marcelo the diver to solve what looks like an industrial sabotage or as Marila the mermaid to save your town from an unknown menace.
Mutants from the Deep is a multidirectional shmup with the spirit of a MSX computer game.
Choose between Marcelo the diver or Marila the mermaid, prepare your equipment and dive through the dangers of the depths. Fire your weapons in 8 directions, collect coins to enhance your gear and watch to your oxigen level. Look into every corner, deep down there could be diamonds!
- Look and feel of a MSX1 game from 1987
- 7 levels and 2 characters with connected stories
- A single health bar for the entire game
- Secret diamonds that hide a special ending
- Around 25 minutes long (once mastered)
- It was inspired by sea life, by mythology, by 60's and 70's spy-fi and by MSX games like Salamander, Zanac, Nemesis, Knightmare…
- Manuel Pazos and Fernando García jumped in the project, did their magic and turned this MSX-looking game into an actual MSX game that fits in a 64k cartridge.
- RetroWorks produced an exquisite physical edition in cartridge format for MSX computers.