The Curse of Issyos
The epic quest of a fisherman to rescue his daugther
Defkalion was fishing on a quiet blue sea when he heard the voice of the Goddess Athena. Hurry up, she said, the isle of Issyos has been cursed by the Olympus. Fearing for his daughter Delia, the fisherman sails back to his home, where the adventure awaits.
The Curse of Issyos is an action platformer with the spirit of an 8-bit game.
Control Defkalion in his quest through a mix of linear and exploration levels. Switch between sword and spear and use your bow to face monsters and undead soldiers. Find Athena's armor for extra protection and crouch to block proyectiles with its shield. Solve the mistery behind the curse to reach the good ending.
- Look and feel of an 8-bit game from 1987-1988
- Based on Greek Mythology
- 7 levels, 9 bosses and more than 40 unique enemies
- Around 45 minutes long (once mastered)
- I always loved Greek mythology, so making a game like this was just a matter of time.
- It was inspired by the movies of the special effects titan Ray Harryhausen and by 8-bit games like Vampire Killer, Rastan, Kenseiden, Rygar, 8 eyes, Ninja Gaiden…
- The project was frozen when I focused on the development of Maldita Castilla. I resumed it five years later, after the release of the second.
- Gryzor87 composed the soundtrack using PX Tone, the music format created by Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya.