Enter the ultimate gladiator show of the Solar System
The Helios Space Coliseum opens its doors again to commemorate the end of the Solar Wars and warn future generations about the horrors of interplanetary conflicts. Welcome to the ultimate battle show: Solar Gladiators!
Solar Gladiators is a top down versus game with the spirit of a MSX computer game.
Use your bouncing disc as a weapon and dodge roll to avoid enemy attacks. Face 15 different opponents, learn about their unique attack patterns and rise as the champion of this ancient tournament.
- Look and feel of a MSX computer game
- 15 consecutive fights
- A single health bar for the entire game
- Around 20 minutes long (once mastered)
- The game was entirely developed as a way to release stress during the Covid-19 lockdown.
- It was inspired by the gladiators of ancient Rome, the discs of Tron, the chakram of Xena and a bunch of Japanese video games for MSX computers.
- It uses a few assets from a previously abandoned project.
- I did most of the sound effects out of curiosity and thanks to the tips by Gryzor87.
- I learned about MSX computers thanks to preservation and emulation. I love its simplicity and curious color restrictions.